Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ebay Seller Review #1


Review for Ebay seller europastyle0092, store name Ivory_ny, item ‘Underbust Double Steel Bones Satin Corset 9029
Notes & Disclaimer: I can only vouch for this particular corset, as I have not yet tried out their other styles. I am not a professional corsetiere, just an average Josephina who can tell the difference between a cheap, poorly made, ill fitting corset and one that feels good. An off the rack corset, no matter how well made, will never fit you as well as a custom corset made to fit your individual curves. That said, this seller does indeed offer custom made-to-measure corsets for a mere $10 more, but I wanted to see how an off the rack corset felt. If I buy another from him I will be sure to test his mettle in that regard.

Price + Shipping: $35 + $11.90, shipped via DHL worldwide express

The Auction: I was the only bidder, lucked out and ended up paying the starting price \o/
Note: Be sure to indicate your size and the color you would like in the Note to Seller area on Paypal, as the style of their auctions lists the type of corset only, you must tell them while you check out. I forgot to do this and had to send a message with that information. The seller was very nice about it though.

Elevator Music: The waiting game. The time between you paying your hard earned cash & the second you get your spanking new corset in your hot little hands. In this case? Less than 72 hours. This guy is a champ. Yes, he says he’s in Brooklyn but it ships from Pakistan. Who cares?! Don’t let that stop you from getting a great deal. I did ask him about it and he said his store is in NY but the manufacturing is in Pakistan. It’s cheaper to make things overseas. And the discount is passed right along to you, the consumer. Anyway, he used DHL, I took advantage of the tracking notification system, and was able to follow my package through customs, all the way to my door. Very reassuring.

The unboxing: It came in your standard DHL envelope. No padding besides that, but very well wrapped. No damage of any kind. Came with a bag, lacing instructions, laces & garters.


The Adornment: Well, first I had to lace it. I read the instructions to be thorough but I always intended to use the same ones I always do, here. They were very similar anyway. If you look at the pictures on the instructions, you won’t go wrong. The laces were VERY long. It took me 20 minutes to lace it up properly and get it on because I wanted to make sure the laces were even. The modesty panel I can live without. I asked a pro corset maker, she confirmed that all modesty panels bunch, because of their flexible nature. It's easily hidden if you don't want it. Once my waist is small enough that I can close the corset, I will probably remove it entirely. I will note that this corset fitted better without an underwire bra on. Since all of mine are either underwire or sports bras, I went without. It hits me just under the bust, I don’t really need a bra with it.
Note: I do not recommend this particular style for anyone under 5’3”, or with a hip to underbust measurement of less than 12”. It will not fit you very comfortably, especially while seated. I’m 5’5” and it’s just right, luckily. I would hate to return it, because it feels wonderful. I walked the dog, cleaned the kitchen, laid down on my back and stomach to try it out, and all as comfortable as if I’d been wearing nothing at all. It was only cinched about an inch, because I just got it, so it was comfortably snug.

Bottom Line: Is it worth the money? Oh yes. Can I see myself wearing it on a regular basis? Definitely. For waist training? Too early to call. Only had it a few days. Wore it 3-4 hours each day. Absolutely no pain at all. It’s double boned, so it definitely feels strong enough to do the job. I’ll let you know in a month.

Overall + & -

pros

very quick shipping
real steel boning & busk
sturdy fabric
excellent stitching on seams
no boning sticking out whatsoever
amazing fit for an off the rack corset

cons
no waist tape
satin panels are very wrinkled (as shown in the photo in the auction, so not a surprise but still a con)

Okay, I am amazed as you are that there are only 2 cons, but there it is. As of this writing, I’m entirely satisfied with my purchase. The wrinkling doesn’t really bother me, but it might annoy you, so I put it in. It looks much worse on the red & white version, and the boning is quite apparent under white satin, so I definitely wouldn’t get that color with this style. Shame, because it has a cute Wonder Woman thing going on.

As always, I will say that a custom corset would blow this one out of the water any day, but for off the rack it’s amazing, and a fine choice for under $50 total. Know your size and you can bid with confidence.
Okay, bring on the comments xD



No comments:

Post a Comment